Sunday, June 8, 2008

chapter 3: middle class blues.

The light is hitting my eyes. Its 3:14 in afternoon. There is some movie about a popular folk artist who went to the same University as me on TV. Naturally, I'm intrigued. Of course though they don't use real names, and keep things semi-secretive. In all actuality, its like a semi-fictional theatrical version of a 2 hour documentary, done by a semi-overrated director, that I originally saw on public television a few years ago. I'm sort of confused by it and totally engulfed in it.

A year ago I was on a train, heading to out to a rainy coast, helping one of my best friends move. Essentially, looking back on it, I was really helping them get out of my life. Its kinda sad if you take time to think about it. Sometimes I think I about it, but i kinda try not to. I guess thought people are only a telephone call away, right? Right.

Its now 3:35 my hair is still wet from a shower i took almost 2 hours ago. Fuck humidity. I've been thinking about films, about wanting to be a filmmaker when I was 18, I was chalk full of ambition back in those days. But whose to say I'm not full of ambition now? I think it kinda depends on what type of ambition you're talking about. Right now I wanna buy some new clothes.

So I sit, with a new song spinning in my head.

"I was born by a lover that I never touched.
And I saw the sun falling down on his love.
If you ever come to California we'll talk it through.
And fall in love, fall in love, fall in love.
My dreams got handed out one at a time.
I don't recall anything that kept you in line.
The movies we played, all of the hollywood screens.
Hey you wrote that script just for me.
To all of the enemies you didn't respect.
All of your handy work had gone deaf.
I'll be here faster than them.
The turntables will set you free.."

But that song is pretty fucking terrible. Except for the line "turntables will set you free." Thats because its kinda a play off of a Lifter Puller song. And they totally rule.

No comments: